Thursday 13 December 2012

HOME SWEET HOME CROATIA

It has been a while since we wrote the last post!

Have you ever felt connected to a place in the world? Did you ask yourself why you feel this connection? ...........................  I do!!!!!

This is my story! Christmas time is coming up and people are thinking about their family, people they love, all the good things they have done and the bad! Just like me! 
Why do we connect with some place? It is hard to say, this question depends on the situation, I am trying all the time to figure out this question! 

Just a few months ago my father had a chance to go and visit France, and he did not, and I asked him: "Why didn't you go" and he said to me: "I would prefer to spend my time with my family and grandson than go to France". 
I have a friend from Croatia who has just moved to Canada  for work and I asked him, how is it? Have you settled into Canadian life? Are you missing family? He said: " Yes I do, but I miss my niece the most, she is now 8 months old and I will miss the most beautiful part of her growing up!

After that I have become more and more understanding, I see myself in that situation.
I have a small nephew and on December 22nd of this year he will be 1 year old. I will miss his birthday! Now I understand my father's words!

Especially if I look back, only 2 month ago I was in Croatia, I am not sure the exact day but I do remember that day I went with my father to see one property, in  Gornja Podstrana, which is a 15 min drive from Split, and I can say I felt  happy in that moment.
I started asking my father if that is where my grandfather grew up? How was his life during that time? When did he move to the other house? All those questions, less important questions, maybe silly questions, but it was the same as when a 5 years old boy asks his father! I had a moment of true happiness, happiness  that took me back to my childhood, because I was on the land where my family comes from, where my grandfather comes from, and with all my heart now I can say I want to keep that tradition! 

I believe I said my answer! 

Here is a few pictures of one of my favorite cities in Croatia, Zadar!
Can't wait to take a walk on this promenade! (In Croatian, our Dalmatian dialect: "Bacit djir priko rive")
Zadar

Zadar promenade (Zadarska Riva)

Zadar promenade

Here is a Croatian song,  a song that sings about the beauty of the Croatian coast, and why it is special! Also the song is from one of my favorite singers Tomislav Bralic, he is from Bibinje,where my mom is from and in this way we would like to wish you all the best for Christmas and New Years!


Happy holidays!!!!

xo






No comments: